- Find out what time it will be aired in your area (check at lds.org). Decide where you will watch or listen to it: at home, at a friend’s home, at the stake center, on the computer, on the radio.
- Try to get off work or schedule work earlier or later so that you can watch both sessions (or at least one session) of General Conference.
- If you must travel, coordinate all rides and times and make sure your car has gas. If you will watch General Conference live, make sure you have tickets and leave early enough to park and be seated on time.
- Finish all housework and homework before the weekend to avoid other obligations that may distract you from listening to the beautiful words and music.
- Pray that you will hear answers to problems or questions you have. The purpose of General Conference is to strengthen, nourish, comfort, and help us.
- Listen to, watch, and read uplifting things during this week to keep the Spirit close so that you can receive answers and promptings.
- Get enough sleep the night before so that you will be attentive. Set your alarm to ensure you wake up on time to watch the morning sessions.
- Have a journal or notebook ready to take notes on answers, thoughts, feelings, and goals. If applicable, also have activities and paper ready for your children.
- Prepare food ahead of time and try not to eat during the session in order to give your full attention to the words of our Church leaders.
- Keep the Spirit and maintain reverence in between Conference sessions and preferably for the whole weekend.
I hope your General Conference weekend is amazing. Come back next week to share your favorite talks, what you learned, and how you felt.
Challenge: Follow these steps to prepare for and get the most out of General Conference.
Photo from LDS church news.