Skip to main content

My Heavenly Father Loves Me


With the seasons changing, I am reminded of all the creations Jesus made. Although all are different, each is beautiful in its own way: from the starry heavens to the deep oceans, the lush forests to the barren deserts, the majestic mountains to the tiny flowers, the galloping horse to the waddling penguin, the flying birds to the swimming fish. They all testify of His existence, power, artistry, and love, as written in my favorite Primary song:

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

("My Heavenly Father Loves Me," Children's Songbook, p. 228--To listen to the song, scroll to the bottom of the page; it is sixth on the playlist.)

Sharing Time: What is your favorite creation?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
when it's my turn to pray i thank Heavenly Father for the incredible place I live- every work day I get to see the Pacific Ocean and hills at the same time and The Marines doing drills in tanks and battleships and helicopters and doing this to protect our freedoms
and the temperature and the flowers and trees- al the rabbits I see every day and the birds-DAD
Anonymous said…
One of my favorite creations of the Father is you.
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Family Home Evening for Babies

Family home evening can sometimes be a challenge because we don't know what to do. This is especially true for those of us with only a baby. There are plenty of ideas for single members, couples, and families, but I have yet to find good suggestions for planning a family home evening lesson for a baby (not yet in Nursery). So I compiled my own list: Read gospel-related board books. They are short and introduce common scripture stories in a very simple manner. Read the scriptures. Elder Bednar said, "Youth of all ages, even infants, can and do respond to the distinctive spirit of the Book of Mormon. Children may not understand all of the words and stories, but they certainly can feel the 'familiar spirit' described by Isaiah (Isaiah 29:4; see also 2 Nephi 26:16)." Sing Primary songs together. There is no better way to invite the Spirit, teach basic gospel principles, and prepare your baby for Nursery and Primary. Sing interactive songs to get wiggle…

The Sacrament Prayers

We hear the sacrament prayers every week, but do we listen to the words and know the purpose of the prayers? I have broken down the blessing on the bread to help us better understand the sacrament, something I was advised to do in my patriarchal blessing.

O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy son, Jesus Christ,
First, we address Heavenly Father. Then we ask Him in humility and verify that we are doing so in Jesus's name, as we are commanded to do all things in His name (3 Nephi 27:7, 9).

to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it,
The Guide to the Scriptures on lds.org defines the words bless and sanctify as follows:
Bless: To confer divine favor upon someone. Anything contributing to true happiness, well-being, or prosperity is a blessing.
All blessings are based on eternal laws (D&C 130:20–21). Because God wants his children to find joy in life (2 Ne. 2:25), he grants blessings to them as a result of their obedience to hi…