- Foremost, we learn more about the gospel from preparing the message and sharing our insights. We are supposed to discuss the message and edify one another. I think too often we do not give this part of the visit as much focus as needed.
- We provide or receive service by being or having a constant support system.
- We make friends! This is my favorite blessing of visiting/home teaching. It's fun getting to know others and becoming close to some of them.
- Also, the relationships we create strengthen the ward as a whole. If everyone were friends, there would be less drama, gossip, hate, and offenses. We would be unified and feel loved and cared about.
- We learn to be selfless by serving and we increase our spirituality by praying for those we teach. We grow closer to the Spirit and develop Christ-like qualities.
So, have you done your visiting or home teaching this month?
Discussion: What other blessings come from visiting and home teaching?
photo from lds.org