|photo from lds.org|
- "You can have more children."
- "It's about time you marry/remarry."
- "It's not like that is a major sin."
- "You need to stop thinking about it."
- "I went through the same thing and it turned out ok."
The ultimate example of compassion was the Savior. He never minimized people's pain. When his friend Lazarus died, he did not say to Mary and Martha, "You'll see him again," "Death is part of the plan of salvation," "He is in a better place," "It was his time," or "I need him more than you do." No, "Jesus wept" (John 11:35). He sympathized with them even though he knew he would raise Lazarus from the dead. Let us all follow the Lord's example and show true compassion to those in need.
Sharing Time: When you were experiencing trials, what did someone do for you that you really appreciated?