- Try to have scripture study everyday with the whole family. Decide on a time that works best for your family, such as before school or before bed.
- Decide what you will read each day. One idea is to read the scriptures beginning to end and create a reading chart to follow and mark your progress. Another idea is to study by topic by going through the index or letting a family member choose.
- Make sure everyone is involved. Ask a family member to pray. Make sure everyone has a set of scriptures. Have the older kids help the younger kids follow along. Take turns reading aloud.
- If everyone has conflicting schedules, then have short devotionals whenever everyone is together or with different family members throughout the day. Say a prayer and read a short scripture passage.
- Another option is to assign the reading ahead of time. Then at dinnertime or before bed, briefly discuss the scripture assignment and share thoughts and feelings.
- Include rewards for reaching certain goals, such as reading the entire scriptures by a certain date, not missing family scripture study for a month, memorizing scripture passages together, applying lessons to real-life situations, or sharing the gospel with others.
Sharing Time: How has family scripture study blessed your family?