- Have each family member give a gift to Jesus by writing down a promise to do or not do something, such as helping more, being nicer to a sibling, or not lying. Keep the written promises in a wrapped box under the tree. On Christmas Day, New Year’s, or the following Christmas, open up the box and have everyone evaluate his or her improvement.
- Set aside one night, such as Christmas Eve, as a holy night of reading from the scriptures the Christmas story and other stories of Jesus’s life and teachings. Sing together or play on an instrument the Christmas hymns.
- Follow a scriptural advent calendar, reading a scripture about Jesus every night.
- Involve the family in service: the Savior’s life was all about serving others. There are plenty of opportunities during Christmas.
- Visit friends, bringing treats and singing holy Christmas carols.
- Watch religious Christmas programs (such as the First Presidency Christmas Devotional next month), pageants, and choir performances to remember Christ. Even better, participate in one.
- If applicable, visit the nearest temple to see the Christmas lights and programs.
- Decorate your home with nativity scenes and favorite pictures of Jesus.
Sharing Time: What do you do to remember Christ during Christmas?