A great way to learn scripture trivia is to combine it with a game. The whole family can have fun and spend time together while also learning more about the scriptures. Here are some game ideas:
- Play Jeopardy! Categories could include the ten commandments, Latter-day prophets, and Book of Mormon stories. Play as individuals or in teams.
- Play Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? This idea works well for couples and for families with children of various ages—play in teams and have the younger children answer the easier questions and the older children answer the harder questions.
- Play Wheel of Fortune using scripture phrases or names. Make a small spinning wheel by inserting a brad into a cardboard circle on top of a cardboard square. An easier option is to play Hangman.
- Make your own board game. Use the board from a board game you already have, like Candyland, find some dice, and let everyone write a stack of questions and answers. Make your own rules or change them every time you play.
- Insert scripture trivia into any existing game you have: for Taboo, use scripture-related words or people; for Imaginiff, create scripture-related scenarios; for Scrabble, allow only scripture-related words; for Stratego, make the soldiers scripture characters. Be creative!
Sharing Time: What are some scripture games you've played?