Congratulations to us for reaching 15 million members! But compared to the world population, we still have so much work to do, which several leaders reminded us. It is amazing that we have over 80,000 full-time missionaries now to help us! There is no excuse for us not to excel in missionary work.
I thought the family choir in the Saturday afternoon session was neat. I have never seen that done before. My husband saw one of his fellow missionaries in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and I recognized the elderly Brazilian woman shown in one of the talks as an old friend's grandma, one of the sweetest, happiest women I know.
My top 5 talks (no specific order):
- Elder Edward Dube on looking ahead
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf on why people join and leave the Church
- Elder Holland on mental and emotional illnesses
- Elder David M. McConkie on successful gospel teaching
- Elder Kevin S. Hamilton on attending church meetings
My top 5 quotes (no specific order):
- "Doubt your doubts before your doubt your faith." ~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- "Repentance is not punishment. It is a hope-filled path to a more glorious future." ~Elder Richard G. Scott
- "What would the Savior say and how would He say it?" ~Elder David M. McConkie
- "We can never stop being a child of God." ~Elder Russell M. Nelson
- "Death is only a beautiful door into a more beautiful room." ~President Uchtdorf at Sister Monson's funeral (shown in the World Report in between sessions)
Sharing Time: Which talks and quotes stuck out to you?